I have accumulated a hell of a lot of CDs and records over the past 20 years or so. I listen to some of them on any given day. But so many of them sit on the shelf gathering dust. This Blog reflects my resolution to give each of them a listen again.
As of January 5, 2009 I pledge to listen to and then review one album from my collection every day until I’ve listened to all of them.
On my calculations I reckon I’ve got 1200+ albums in my collection, so this could take me almost 4 years (!).
So here is how it will all work:
– At least one review a day, in alphabetical order by artist
– Interspersed with vinyl LP reviews on the weekend (as the turntable is at home)
– And occasional forays into compilation albums
– I am unlikely to keep up the daily posts when travelling, but will try and keep up the listening and reviewing and bulk post on my return
– I will keep a running list of my faves
- Any new purchases that would have been covered already (on the basis of alphabet) will be reviewed some time later (at least one month after purchase)
– No review will be longer than 200 words.
Oh, and if you are wondering who I am, I am a Melbourne-based academic in his late 30s with pretty eclectic tastes and a new-found interest in blogging. I also maintain a business blog here.